Thursday, August 23, 2012

An Introduction For Both of Us

Greetings! 

After an outpouring of support from friends and family I've been convinced to start this blog that will...well...I'm not quite sure what this blog will do. Supposedly it is going to detail my journey as I work on my life's project - the completion of my novel LifeBound (working title).

However, unlike construction jobs where photos can be continually uploaded, or visual-art projects where progress can be seen with the eyes, or any other sort of long-term project, I cannot really think of a way to share with you my progress. Giving out 'snippets' of dialogue that might never occur (or worse, might get put back in!) seems wrong, and I doubt you want pictures of me holding my head in frustration over my laptop or computer.

I suppose what I can do is talk about my process. How I think; how I create. What inspired, and what inspires me. What thoughts lead me down this path and how and why I take so long to come up with what I do. Share with you things that I feel passionate about so you can come to expect what my work may hold.

 I can write about especially good days or bad days and breakthroughs or hurdles in writing.

...and then maybe every once in awhile if I come across a joke I just can't fit into the narrative I can stick it here.

Love,
 Skinner

No comments:

Post a Comment