Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Forest Lights

My digital clock I keep below my computer monitor is reading a bright red 4:11. It's pure darkness outside. 

...Just two inches above that my computer's clock tells me it's 4:07...I just now realize they're not synced up...I decide not to bother fixing them though...

Anyway, I'm writing this post now, in the dark, because an idea has just come to me and it is this darkness that has facilitated that idea.

The scene I'm having such trouble writing - that I wrote about in my last post - it occurs at daytime. Not for any reason; it just did because it did. It occured at daytime because in my head there was no reason for it to not occur at daytime because daytime is when events occur - when things can be seen.

-but night's domain is just as long as day's; and events do not need only to happen in the sun.

As I sat here in the dark with the fans blowing I started to envision the scene I've been having so much trouble with happening under the light of the moon instead of the warmth of day, and everything changed and was suddenly made all the better for it.

I'm not sure if this will fully break the writer's block that has been built up but...

I think it's time to enter the forest. 

Love,
 Skinner

1 comment: