Thursday, September 13, 2012

Reality scares me

You know what will be really really great about Canvas?

There won't be any political parties.

At least, not like we have today.

Not to the point where people won't be able to watch the news or listen to people talk without needing to take a xanex and write up a whole world light-years away from the Earth where they can live on to escape all the stress and anxiety that comes with the mind-numbing insanity that people are driven to by the religious-fervor that is party-loyalties.

...actually that was going to be the full post for today but I guess I can expand on that and make it into a full fledged thought.

Almost everything about this world stresses me. I'm sure a lot of my family knows this or at least suspected it but I suffer from a lot of anxieties. Videogames are my vice and it's probably fair to say I'm addicted; and LifeBound is my real meditative-like relief. LifeBound is where I make my ideal world where there are no anxieties or stress. There's problems to be sure and there's obstacles and hardships and pain and tragedy - but...well...

I wrote a poem in college; I'll share it here.


Reality scares me.

Where have all the monsters gone?
from all the stories I read as a kid?
I was promised a beastie under ever bed
A crawlie in every cupboard, 
A creature under every stair,
Where's the lady with snakes in her hair?
Now I'm all grown up and there's just humans
killing other humans

Where have all the monsters gone?
from all the horror flicks shown on Tv?
Where's Dracula, waiting to descend upon a neck?
Where's Wolfman, I've got a silver bullet ready.
Where's a mummy to run from in a long chase scene?
Or Frankenstein's monster, all big and green?
Why is it that now all I see are friends yelling at
friends, over friends.

I could deal with a monster. I could handle a monster.
I could understand a monster. I could accept a monster.

But reality scares me. 

Where have all the monsters gone?

The difference in LifeBound is that there's nothing that I personally wouldn't be able to overcome. Wouldn't want to overcome. People work together in LifeBound.

Happy are worlds where there are monsters - for in worlds where there are none, people will attack eachother.

Love,
 Skinner

1 comment: